A Fox Called Kay's Journal|
[Most Recent Entries]
Wednesday, March 21st, 2007
Things that have annoyed me lately:
- Overly complicated or broken radio programming software
- The GE Orion software in particular.
- Motorola not letting their older radios join the 21st century by making Windows based software for them.
- Limitations in a radio that are not really limitations of the radio but of the programming software.
- Hard to use radios.
- Lack of adequate memories, theres no reason a mobile radio should have less memories than a handheld from the same company.
- theres no reason a mobile radio should have less space for alphanumeric tags than a handheld.
- Complex menu system but only 99 memories?
- I keep managing to write other memories to slot 1 on my VX-7R, its kinda annoying.
- Application uninstallers that reboot your machine without warning.
- Especially for silly reasons, an application that has no device drivers or shell hooks should never need to reboot to uninstall.
- eBay scammers.
- So, some guy is selling iPhones on eBay, need I say more?
- Those asshats that sell something then send the buyer a picture of it.
- Those who dont realize how legally binding stuff like eBay is.
- Nigerian Scammers.
- Those older ham operators that cant get over morse code going away.
- Those who think the General and Extra exams are easy.
- Those who pay no respect to new operators.
- Those who piss and moan but dont do anything about it.
- Those who help him out and such.
- Those who jam him.
- Whoever the hell gave him his license.
- Homeowners associations that excercise excessive control over their members.
- The ones that freak out over hams, period.
- The ones that freak out over antennas, period.
- The ones that use excessive surveilence to freak aout over the aformentioned hams and antennas.
- The ones that prohibit otherwise legal stuff like guns or smoking.
- The ones that make the neighborhood really pretty but cause so much backstabbing its practically unlivable.